This plugin disables the new WordPress emoji functionality.
Note: Emoticons will still work and emoji’s will still work in browsers which have built in support for them. This plugin simply removes the extra code bloat used to add support for emoji’s in older browsers.
After you’ve downloaded and extracted the files:
- Upload the complete ‘disable-emojis’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory OR install via the plugin installer
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- And yer done!
Visit the Disable Emojis plugin for more information.
- Removed DNS prefetch URL again.
- This time using simple string check rather than relying on internal WordPress filters.
- Removed DNS prefetch URL. Props to Aaron Queen for assisting with this.
- Catering to new DNS prefetch URL in version 4.7 of core
- Improved documentation.
- Removed redundant dns prefetching. Thanks to Milan Dinic for the pull request.
- Updating documentation.
- Catering for invalid $plugin array.
- Updating to use Otto’s code.
Removing extraneous styles.
Updating to work with latest beta.
More information regarding why to use this plugin can be found on the post Emoji’s in WordPress 4.2.