Whoop Strap Review
Published September 16th, 2023 under Misc
After cycling through a FitBit Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy Watch3, and a FitBit Charge 5, I tried the Whoop Strap. The prior devices had their drawbacks: FitBit’s dormant screens, Samsung’s poor battery life, and Charge 5’s tricky UI.
The Whoop Strap isn’t exactly a “free trial” since you pay for shipping, but the device is free. To keep it, you unfortunately have to pay a hefty subscription fee (€444 for two years). Despite good online reviews, it left me quite underwhelmed.
- No screen, reducing bulk
- Decent battery life
- Convenient charging puck you can use while wearing it
- Remains damp after showering or swimming
- Lacks a step counter, a metric many people find useful
- No GPS, making swim tracking impossible
- An additional gripe: why not offer the tracker as part of a traditional watch strap? It would marry a traditional watches benefits with Whoop’s tracking capabilities
Summary: the Whoop Strap’s shortcomings overshadow its features, making it a poor value for the price IMHO. Next on my list to try: a Garmin.