PixoPoint Menu Animations
Note: This plugin is currently only available as a beta release. The final version will be available once the PixoPoint Menu beta version is released as final.
The PixoPoint Menu animations plugin adds a smooth animated effect to your dropdown menu. For a demo of the plugin in action, check out the menu above or try the one on our demo site.
The primary feature of the PixoPoint Menu Animations plugin is the addition of a smooth animated effect to your dropdown menu, but as always, the truly helpful stuff is in the details and this plugin has plenty of details (ie: options) to let you set your menu up the way you want it.
- Slide down or slide-out effect
- Speed of fade-in effect
- Mouseover delay to control the delay time before the dropdown appears
- Hide delay time to control the delay time before the dropdown disappears
- Sensitivity to control how easily the menu appears or disappears. On low sensitivity, instead of immediately displaying the dropdown/flyout menu on mouseover, the menu will wait until the user’s mouse slows down before displaying it.
- Arrow mark-up may be added to display any menu option which contains children.
After you’ve downloaded and extracted the files:
- Upload the complete `pixopoint-menu-animations` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit the “PixoPoint Animations” page in your WordPress settings menu to control how the menu animations behave via a plethora of different options
- Ensure that your theme uses a class of `sf-menu`
If your theme does not use a class of .sf-menu, you will need to add that class yourself. The Hybrid, Thematic and Genesis theme frameworks are supported automatically as is the PixoPoint Menu plugin.
Any themes which use a class of .sf-menu on their menus unordered list will work with this plugin, however many themes already include the Superfish jQuery script which is used by our plugin. To avoid clashes with these other themes, we have intentionally deactivated the dropdown menu scripts in these themes. If you know of any themes which we could also add support for, please let us know!
The themes which are currently supported are:
- All themes which use a class of .sf-menu and do not include the Superfish jQuery script
- All themes utilizing the PixoPoint Menu plugin
- Theme Hybrid by Justin Tadlock
- Thematic by Ian Stewart
- Genesis by StudioPress
PixoPoint Menu plugin (where it gets confusing)
Those of you who have used our PixoPoint Menu plugin or Multi-level Navigation plugin will likely recognise many of the features of this plugin. We were slowly adding so many features to the PixoPoint Menu plugin that it was becoming bloated, and many of those features (such as animations) were suitable for people who did not need the extra features of that plugin. So to simplify things, we have extracted out the code, turned it into a separate plugin and the final result is the PixoPoint Menu Animations plugin.